Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the fight worth fighting.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
- Benjamin Franklin


I am preparing. I am not sure all that goes into this just yet, but I know I am changing my actions and working  towards a goal of being healthier. As I ran tonight, I looked over at myself and could already see some slight changes in my body. I am not satisfied, but I am proud of my progress.

As I ran tonight I also thought, "what a great gift I will be able to give my children. The gift of health and fitness. Not the burden of weight issues." This alone makes it all worth it. By no means am I at a point in my life where I will be getting married soon or having kids, but I do know that it's in my future and I do not want them to deal with all I have. I wasn't picked on or made fun of... at least not to my face, but I have struggled with it my weight and I just couldn't handle knowing that I didn't do my best to prevent my children from dealing with same issues with their weight.

 Tonight when I wanted to stop and just walk, I pushed through the pain. It suddenly became easier. As if I was rewarded for pushing on. It felt good to push myself and know that I am bettering my life, as well as extending it. I had forgotten how good that feels.

I know there will be struggles ahead. There will be days I just don't want to go to the gym, but I think this time it will be different. It's not about getting skinny this time, it's about getting my life back and being healthy. This is the fight for my life and I am doing everything I possibly can to guarantee I succeed this time around. So please if you see me slacking call me out on it. Don't let me forget. Hold me accountable, because this is a fight worth fighting. And winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment