Tuesday, November 29, 2011

mini meatloafs

Because everything is better when it is in a muffin tin, especially a mini muffin tin!

I get overwhelmed with excitement any chance I get to make something in my mini muffin tins. Last night was great because I was able to try my new meatloaf recipe{which i tweaked} and make them in muffin tins and mini muffin tins. Apparently men don't appreciate mini muffin tins too much, because Brett wanted his just regular size.

The recipe was a great starter recipe, because it didn't have a million ingredients and I actually knew what all the ingredients were.

Here is what you need:

1 1/2lb. of ground beef{I think ground turkey would be phenomenal}
1/2 finely chopped onion
1 sleeve of saltines finely crushed
2 1/2 tablespoons of mustard
1 1/2 of ketchup
1 tablespoon Oregano
S&P to season the beef

Preheat oven to 350

1. Take onions, oregano and a lil' olive oil and saute' them until soft. If you like garlic, I would also add some garlic to this mixture.

2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure to add onion mixture.

3.Spray muffin tins { mini muffin tins} and add mixture. Cook for 30-35 minutes. If you are using the mini tins then cook for 25-30.

I didn't have any potatoes, but if you do whip up some mashed potatoes and put them on top. I can't wait to try this, although I will probably do mashed cauliflower for a healthier option!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment