Friday, November 25, 2011

unexpected joy.

Cooking. My new love.
{Fried Okra}


{Homemade crab cakes & spinach salad}

{boil orange peels&cinnamon... smells amazing}
  
{Homemade Coconut Chicken Curry...yum, yum, yum}

{Homemade mac&cheese}

{My brownies}

{Buttermilk biscuits, brown sugar, cinnamon and syrup.... this is no joke}

{I improvised with whole wheat rotini, because used all my elbow macs...  still wonderful}

{Relaxing after my "adventurous" black friday... haha}


I have recently been motivated to cook. Although I am still learning my way around the kitchen, I am having the time of my life. As a child I would always stand in the kitchen and help Ann, my step mom, cook. I would ask a million questions{presumably drove her nuts}and just be in awe of her ability to cook. She always told me to just practice and I would learn.

I can't say I believed her at the time{ I'm the kinda of girl that has to find out on her own and rarely believes what I am told.... and yes I am working on this}, but she was right. It's been a slow process, but well worth it. I started by baking, but now I have found more excitement in experimenting and trying new dishes that I always thought were so out of reach, such as chicken curry.


No comments:

Post a Comment