Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here's the truth...

It was only 4 days, but boy did I miss writing. Since my last post I worked my new job both unofficially and officially.

There was some delay in getting back the last of the paperwork. Part of this paperwork included my background check. Terrified doesn't begin to explain how I felt. I still was "working" Tuesday, Wednesday and the beginning of today even though my future was unsure.

I came home Tuesday night to the uncertainity and sat in the dark, under a blanket, watching Law and Order:SVU and cried. I actually balled like a baby. I really thought I had forgiven myself on Sunday during church, but God didn't fall for it and gave me a couple more days to let go of it all. So I cried. Cried a little more. Then cried again. Mad at myself for not making better decisions when I was younger and for not caring about my future.

I have alluded to my past many times, but I have not been completely honest with my actions. Here is the truth.  I was arrested twice for DUI. At the time I had a million excuses to why I did it... today I have none. It was simply wrong.

By the Grace of God no one was injured. I have now moved on. I no longer drink and drive, shoot I won't even drive over the speed limit. I obey the law and see no other way to live. I do still enjoy a drink every blue moon, but a designated driver is a must!

I have always feared sharing this information with people that weren't in my life at that time, but I can't be scared anymore. I am moving forward in truth, honesty and love. I am worthy of what comes my way and can accept any success, love or fortune  because I truly believe in myself and love myself. But Tuesday reminded me of the long road that has been my past. All those feelings came back and I felt them. I am now letting them go. It feels good.

I hope you all are able to forgive me for my actions. There is no justification, but please know that I know what I did was wrong and I am a better person now.

So back to the job....

Today at 3 I got the news that I am now OFFICIAL. I have been scared to get excited about my new job the past three days because I was really unsure if I had a job. I DO! I love it and I am going to enjoy it. Keep me in mind if you are looking for a wonderful apartment community in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We are The Haven at Commons Park and you can contact me at (423)894-1950.

I just want to thank you all for your amazing support through this exciting, yet trying time in my life. It's been easier because of your messages on facebook and comments on here. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment