Sunday, June 19, 2011

new place

in life.


When I decided to move to my new apartment several months ago I didn't completely understand the impact it would have on my life. I had been cheap when I got my last apartment and forgot what it's like to love where you live and how important that love of home is. It hasn't taken us long to fall in love with our new place. For starters look at this  dog park that Molly gets to use 3 times a day!
Today her and her daddy played frisbee for a hour. I've never seen the two happier. The move has even changed the dog. You know you made the right decision when the dog is happier, too.

So here is it. The new place. With the exception of the 4 boxes of random stuff I just don't have the energy to unload and the wall hangings, the apartment is finished.



And here's the happy couple that made it happen with the help of Amanda Swinney and Brett's friend Tony. I am forever obligated to help either of them move. 32 steps up. 32 steps down. Repeat. Repeat and repeat some more. 
To top off a great weekend in a new apartment, I also came to a place of peace in my mind and soul.  I have been attending Christway Community Church for nearly a year, off and on. I absolutely love John Waters the pastor and have enjoyed getting to meet some members. Its especially great because my best friends Annie, Justin and their baby in tow Piper go there as well.

A couple of weeks ago during a sermon I just felt this over-whelming feeling that my mom, too, needed to be on this journey with myself and Brett. I was drawn, even called,  to a new church this morning. It was exactly where I was suppose to be. Right down the road from mom's. There was a peace in my heart, that I have never experienced, as I walked into the service.

No surprise God had a familiar face to greet me as we entered. A teacher from Dalton, that remembered me too. It was easy. It was open and enjoyable.

Ryan May, the pastor, looked directly at me at the end of the service as he tied the last hour together. He said, you can quit feeling guilty. It is your past. No longer hold on to it. As my lip quivered, the tear poured and I forgave myself. I let go and I let God have control.

I have no way of knowing where my future will lead or what church I will attend any given Sunday, but I do know that the Lord is watching over me. I feel a peace I cannot explain and only hope that will stay.

Thank you Krisitie for the invitation months ago, weeks ago and again today to experience your church. I had already decided I wanted to go to church near mom and The Net made sense  because of proximinty to mom's, but you already knew it made sense for reasons I didn't yet understand.

This is the lesson that I am learning. That I do not have to understand everything. I have to trust. Trust in my instincts. Trust others. Most importantly trust in the Lord.

p.s. I have a bunch of craft projects coming up. I'll keep you posted!!


No comments:

Post a Comment