Saturday, July 16, 2011

a dream of a day.

I woke up completely inspired to cook... yea, not quite sure what has got into me, but I love playing around with ideas and setting it all up on my cute plates, on my cute table. Who knows, but breakfast was wonderful.

egg, bacon and cheese burritos and fresh strawberries.

After a very refreshing breakfast I went to David's Bridal. I am going to be the "Best woMan" in my best friend's wedding. I got my dress and it is the most beautiful and flattering dress I could of asked to wear standing up there with three of my favorite people in the world. Did I mention Cindy is the maid of honor or that I walked out of the store with the dress because they had it in stock... what?!?!

Since I was so excited about the dress fitting and being able to take it with me, I treated myself to some shopping at Kohl's. I typically hate this store, but I really needed to get started on Brett's birthday presents. Mission accomplished. I also found a pair of wedges with a wonderful bow for $20, super comfy yoga pants and a dress top for work. I spent $88 and bought 8 items!

So excited about my great deals mom, who met up with me at Kohl's, and I went to Rugged Warehouse to continue the madness. There we picked up more great deals for Brett and some cheap lip gloss. I got him 4 pk of Hane's pocket tees for $3 and myself a 5 pack of e.l.f. lipgloss for $4.99.

Still riding the high we went to Hobby Lobby, but no luck. Just a bunch of rude women working there.

After a salad at Souper Salad, we went to Office Depot for pens, Academy for Brett's birthday present from mom, then to my favorite Marshall's and Ross. At Marshall's I found two platters for $3 a piece and at Ross I got a dress that wasn't black for $8.99 and a a workout top for $5.99. {I mention a non black dress, because that's all I wear and even Brett noticed and asked me to wear some color... guess it's the ninja in me}

Sorry for this long list of great deals, but I love sharing where you can get steals of a deal. I didn't pay over $10 for anything all day(excluding groomsman dress, ha) and walked away with some wonderful finds.

here is my pile o' finds. I enjoyed unpacking it all and relishing in the fact that I didn't spend much money at all because I strategically saved my birthday gift cards!! LOVE IT!

To top off this great day of deals, I came home to find out Brett got off work early. So I for cooked for us.



Chicken tacos and fruit salad. Trying to eat better so adding fresh fruit to each meal!!

Now it's movie and popcorn time, added with a lil' blogging. Perfect end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment