Monday, July 11, 2011

Piper's world.

This is just a tribute to the beautiful girl, Piper, and her amazing parents.

200 days ago, on December 23, 2011 I got the best news ever... Annie and Justin were having a baby!Piper will be joining us all in this world in a few short weeks and I can't help but think of what the world has to offer her.

Annie and Justin have been a source of inspiration for myself for a long time now, but especially through this pregnancy. Every step of this journey they have been hopeful and positive. When given bad news, they prayed. When having bad news taken back, they thanked God and understood people make mistakes. They amaze me with their understanding of our world. They realize that life isn't always what you want, but they make the most of it and try not to get down on themselves. There is always a sense of hope and love when you speak with them.

I can't help but be excited about the world Piper will be blessed to enter. She will be entering a world of love. She may encounter situations where the outcome isn't always what she wants, but she will have a support system that is unmatched and that will assure that she gets through anything.

I think what amazes me the most is the presence of the Lord through this all.  He is good and has brought together two amazing individuals who share ideas and morals that will make them the best parents for Piper. She will always know she is loved and will always be heard. Her life will be one where she knows the Lord is good and that she can have an amazing relationship with Him, just as her parents do. She will want to know more about the world and her parents will share all they know to best answer her questions. She will be heard and respected. She will have a voice and learn to love herself, others and the world around. I know this all because her parents shared these same things with me. They have always shared their love of life with me. They have let me into their family from the start. Loving me more than I loved myself, at times. They are two amazing individuals and will be just as amazing parents and I cannot wait to witness it.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cate!! You are an awesome friend and we love you very much.

    ReplyDelete