Friday, August 5, 2011

reality check.

Brett's ex and him were married on his birthday. Last night we went to grab a drink with Amanda after dinner. When we got to the pool hall he realized his ex's best friend was there, so we sat on the other side of the bar. Time passed and then we hear someone come on the loud speaker, "Happy Birthday Brett Goins and Happy Anniversary." I was mortified. I hope I have never behaved in such a way, but the longer I sat there and the more I thought about it... I probably had. 

All I can keep thinking is that what do we gain from hurting others. Why is our society so focused on putting others down, instead of building people up? Why is it easier for some people to gossip and be hateful than being grateful and promote success? Please understand I am speaking about myself, too. I do not think I am exempt from such behavior, but what I do know is that I am consciously trying not to act like that. 
Publish Post
I don't want to intentionally hurt others anymore. I refuse to hold a grudge and hold onto anger. Nor do I want to make others pay for treating me a certain. It upsetting to realize how poorly I have behaved over the years. I just hope I have time to make it up to some of the people I hurt.

May I one day be the great friend my friend's have always been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment