Monday, August 8, 2011

unwavering love.

I never got it. I grew up in church and believed in the Bible, God, Jesus Christ... all of them. I knew their stories and knew they existed. I never doubted, I swayed away from what was right and moral, but I always knew there was someone watching over me. What I didn't know was their love. I didn't realize that love meant always being there for someone. I never experienced truly trusting in something or someone.

I had started attending church the second I moved to Chattanooga, but I had been going in Knoxville, more and more, too. My relationship was growing. In September last year I opened up a dialogue and really started listening to what He had to say and prayed more and more.

Then I met Brett. Brett loves me unlike anyone in my life has ever loved me. Don't get me wrong, my friends are truly amazing and my parents love me unconditionally now. But when Brett said 'I Love You' it was different. He shows it in his actions, the way he speaks to me and the way he is about me. This love made me start truly seeing what being a Christian was about. 

In church on Sunday, Ryan said something that made me think of John 3:16. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should never perish, but have everlasting light." Yes, like many of you, I have know this scripture forever, but Sunday it brought tears to my eyes. As it does now. I get it now. I understood what they were speaking of before, but I feel it now. I know what that love is. 

God didn't bring Brett into my life because He knew I was tired of being single, He did it so I could love. Love like I always talked about loving, but never experienced. Loving like He loved, so I could love, too. What an amazing gift. I will forever cherish this gift and will make sure it is nurtured and grows. I will always be thankful to Him for bringing Brett into my life. He knew I was ready for love and to start my journey with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment