Monday, September 26, 2011

it's my life.

A year ago today a young man named Brett Goins sent me a message on facebook. His friends were trying to set us and he finally made the first move. Tomorrow will be a year since we met. Brett showed up at my house with some beer and wine, I cooked dinner and we talked for hours. From the second I met him I felt comfortable and safe. He was easy to talk to and I remember thinking that I was at ease as we spoke, I wasn't trying to come up with clever things to say or anything I was just myself, it was perfect. The next few months were exciting as we got to know each other. There were bad times, too. Brett lost his job, but we got through it. I learned a lot in those first few months. I have always been one to run, but this was different. The thought of running caused me more anxiety than the thought of staying. I knew I couldn't walk away from this man. I remember one time things were stressful and I had thought of leaving, but all I could think was that he is the kind of man I want to spend my life with. I couldn't risk walking away and know that there's a great chance that I would never find another man more perfect for me.

Well it's been a year now and I couldn't be happier. We talk about the future and went and looked at rings recently, but he refuses to let me know anything because he wants it all to be a surprise.I never understood the excitement in ring shopping and really just didn't care, but now I get it. I just smiled from ear to ear as we sat there and I thought about what this means: to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams.

It's funny that I am the girl with the guy and happy. Sometimes I find myself still doubting the fact that it could actually happen to me. But hey why not. I deserve happiness, too.

And that my friend's is where I am at today. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment