Tuesday, May 24, 2011

27.... Liking it already!

A year ago I was excited about 26 because two sets of my best friends were getting married and I was just excited about sharing my life with all the amazing people I call my friends. I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be in life, but I knew for the first time in a long time I was making the decisions to get me where I wanted to be!

Well a year later and I did make the right decisions and I am continuing to make the right decisions. I am now 27. I turned in my two week notice last Tuesday for my restaurant job. I start a more professional job on Tuesday and couldn't be more excited. Also I now attend church regularly. I have a wonderful boyfriend, who I appreciate and friends that are more amazing that I could of ever hoped for. I also have a wonderful family that I couldn't be more thankful for, who have always been there for me over the years!

The present is great and the future is not only looking up, but looking like a grand adventure full of blessings.

Priorities have changed though. I guess that is to be expected. It's not that I don't love having a beer or jack and coke, but it just isn't a must anymore... it feels good to have that control again. I don't need to have a drink. I am fun regardless.... why did I forget this?

So, for my 27th birthday I worked...made some extra cash:) Came home and relaxed a little and checked craigslist for furniture. Slight, ever so slight, obsession. Went to dinner with my amazing friends Amanda, Ashley and Ryan, Brett and my mom. Rushed out so Brett didn't have an accident from the Mexican food and then went to BUY a desk and book shelf from craigslist.... for $40.



Not only did I find some great deals on craigslist, but I also got the most perfect gift ever. I love my man... he listens to what I talk about and knows exactly what I want!



yes, yes, yes.... a SEWING MACHINE!!! Cha-ching:)

Projects coming soon!



So at days end it was definitely the best birthday yet. Not for any reason other than I am happy with where my life is and what I am doing. So thank you all for being a part of my life. I look forward to many more amazing birthdays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment