Monday, May 16, 2011

it's all coming back to me now...

Celine Dion, yes, but I was referring to Andy Stanly. I get so caught up in doing so much that I forget to think about my actions and my direction. But I am then reminded of Andy Stanly's principle of the path:
 
"Direction, NOT intention, DETERMINES destination."

I constantly have a project in mind or things I want to accomplish and sometimes I get too busy to sit back and think about what I am doing. Or worse off I forget to sit down and relax and take time to rejuvenate and refresh. I start talking about everything I want to accomplish and feel like I have a constant to do list that can't be completed and it simply can't be healthy. So I have decided to write a daily to do and maybe this will help with everything. Afterall if I don't constantly access my progress how will I ever know if I am headed in the right direction.

p.s. If you are at a point in your life where you are unsure of what you should be doing or if you even have the right tools to move forward then read Principle of the Path by Andy Stanly. It changed my life. I can't promise that for you, but it is a great read either way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment