Friday, May 20, 2011

friendships... a test of time

I knew moving to Chattanooga would make it difficult to keep in touch, but I was up for the challenge. I knew my friends were amazing and I was willing to do what it takes to let them know I still care. I carry the many great memories of the past years with me daily. The stories have provided me with many laughs this past year. I don't talk to them on a daily basis, but I do think about each of them everyday.

What I wasn't prepared for was the friendships I have lost. I guess I knew deep down it would happen, but never figured it would feel like this. The past couple of days have been a struggle. I have been sad and at a loss. I feel as if there were people in my life that were supportive of my life that I didn't want in Knoxville and now that I am finally following my dreams and happy and satisfied and full of life those same friends do not support me. I don't understand.

Why is it that we are so scared to promote happiness and the support people following their dreams? Why can't we just be happy for others?

Things changes and people change, but we will always have the memories of the past. The memories will prevail and bind us in the future and although we may not do the same things we did in our early 20's we can still be friends in our late 20's and rest of our life. I hope so at least!

But I also hope that I don't have friends that only want to hold me down. I want people in my life who love and support me and I do the same in return. We don't have to live the same life to love one another. We just have to love one another and most importantly respect one another.

So here's to the past, the present and the future. To the friendships that last and the ones that fell through the cracks and all the amazing memories created in between. May we move forward, in love with life and one another. May we speak the truth, in love, and be supportive of one another in our life's ventures. To the future and sharing it with those we love and who love us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment