Wednesday, May 4, 2011

loving our parents...

For those of you who don't know I was adopted at birth. My birth mother was 21 and in college and wanted to make sure I was given a chance at life. I have been very fortunate and graduated from college and have an amazing support system. Life wasn't always perfect, but whose is?

Most days I am incredibly thankful for my parents, but this has been an extremely trying week. I am very detached from my family I've realized and although I love them and need them, I don't always have that since of having a mom and a dad. Luckily I have amazing friends, a great boyfriend and the most perfect dog.

Yesterday I was extremely lonely and just wished someone wanted what is best for me.

It made want to be a mother. I always thought it was silly that women had that feeling of wanting to be a mother. Ha well I have it. I can't wait to give an amazing life to someone who is a part of me. To teach them and love them. All I know is I want to make sure my children know they are loved and that no matter what I will be there for them.

I want to be able to provide a stable home, full of laughter and love. A home where Christ is #1 and respect for one another is the practice. How do you ensure these things? How do I prepare myself for what one day will be the most important job of my life. How do I make sure I will be able to keep my cool and respond appropriately and accordingly, knowing that response will stay with them the rest of their life.

I think I start today by being a woman of principle and morals. Someone who does what she says and leads by the idea of do as I do. To love life because I am grateful to have it, not because every day is perfect. To treat others as I would want to be treated. Always smiling because a smile can change someones day. By being cool tempered, because no one wants the company of a hot tempered woman. Most importantly I prepare by loving myself, because I believe this may be the greatest gift I can give myself and teach anyone.

Two women that help me get to a place where I love myself and to give me confidence are Kate and Ashley. I just love pictures so I posted a picture of myself, Ashley and Kate. Although I don't see these ladies often, I think of them both almost daily and considered them to be two of the most important people of my college career and life, especially in my early 20's. Both taught me to love myself and welcomed me into their families, where I witnessed firsthand unconditional love and what being part of a family was truly like. I love these ladies and feel privileged to have learned so much from them both!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This made me tear up, smile, and get goosebumps all at once! I am so glad I hold such an important place in your heart, as you do for me. We had some of the best memories of my life & you will always be one of my most favorite people in the world! XOXO love you, C-Lee Johnson ;)

    ReplyDelete