Tuesday, May 17, 2011

new JOB!

I couldn't possibly be more excited about the direction my life is going. A great man, amazing Molly dog, a new apartment next month at The Havens at Commons Park and a new job in two weeks at The Havens at Commons Park. Yes I will be walk to work... perfect timing if you ask me since gas is RiDiCuLOUS!

This journey started over a year ago. Last January I realized that I wanted more in my life and was expressing this to two of the dearest people in my life, Harlan and Elise. I got to know them at P.F.'s and they became my regulars. I got to see them three to four times a week and they could tell I was looking for more. They bought Principles of the Path, by Andy Stanly, which changed everything.

Harlan and Elise changed my life. The book was a tool I used. They reminded me I was worth something again. Taught me to be proud of my accomplishments and to be proud of the young woman I am. They taught me that I could have everything I wanted and all I had to do was love myself and believe in myself. They brought me to life again.

Within a few short months of reading the amazing book and getting to know them I realized my place was no longer in Knoxville. I knew to continue my journey I must move. I woke up May 6 last year, called mom and said "I'm moving to Chattanooga." No one believed me, but I moved here six weeks later.

best decision....EVER.

My goal when moving here was to be out of the restaurant industry within the year or move.  I moved here June 18 last year and I start my new job in two weeks. It feels good. I set a long term goal and reached it and not because of luck, but because I went after what I wanted. I applied for jobs and went through interviews. It's not a dream job, but it is a step in the right direction. It will open doors for other opportunities and for the first time in a long time I will be proud of what I do. I will gladly tell someone what I do and not be embarassed anymore. For me that's what I am most excited about.... to be proud.

So that's that. I did it and have a sense of accomplishment again. Good things are in store and God is good. For He made all of this possible and this I will NEVER forget.  For he loved me even in my darkest. Romans 5:8.



It's not dark anymore and as you see I am smiling ear to ear! I must admit I look different, as if all is okay in the world. I just want a reminder of how I felt on this day, because I know this new job will have bad days. I'm no dummy, but I do know I have opportunity too and this will make the bad days ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment