Saturday, May 7, 2011

in Love

 I turn 27 this month and I couldn't be more excited to start another great year. Although I am excited about the future, it does make me think of the past, especially the past year, which has been EVENTFUL! I started 26 by having dinner with all my closest friends, which was followed by a move to Chattanooga in June. I wasn't sure why I was moving or if it was even the right move for me, but looking back I never made such a great impulsive decision.
 I had never been in love or even understood the idea of a healthy relationship with a man, much less a relationship with our good Lord. I also didn't love myself and or know I had something to offer to the world. I know both now. I was fearful if I would ever love or have all the things I wanted in life like a family, a home and a career. Now I know I can have it all and will one day:) All of these amazing realizations happened this year! I still can't believe it.... this is my life. I am living out my dreams. I have a far way to go to get there, but hey I started and I am NO longer down on myself.

 Anyways enough rambling about how grateful I am today! I promised updates on my no sew flowers and I couldn't be more in love with my new craft project, Thanks Kate! With a little practice I was able to make beautiful fabric flowers with the help of fabric reminents, dowl rods and a glue gun!




 My favorite thing about these flowers is that it's a great way to decorate any room! I don't know about any of you, but I love lots of color and what a simple way to add lots of it! I have these in my room and plan to make more this up coming week for my bathroom and kitchen. Also a great way to relieve some stress! Considering I have let go of all my previous vices, it was time I found something to do so that I could release all that stress:)

 I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I will enjoy making lots of money while at P.F. Chang's, but will miss spending the day with my family. It will be good to be preoccupied, because the older I get the more I wonder if my birth mom is thinking about me. Does she wonder what I am doing in my life or where I live, if I am happy or married? Oh well maybe one day soon I get find her and find the answers to those questions.

3 comments:

  1. YEAHHHH!!! You made them! OMG-love the fabric choices & you did an amazing job! Weren't they fun and rewarding?!?! Telling you--perfect gifts too--the flowers that never die. I take them to my clients when they are in the hospital and then it makes me feel so good inside when they keep them in their room years later when I do a home visit :) GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing---we must have similar taste b/c I have ALL those same fabrics! OR did and now just have scraps :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I LOVED doing them! Thanks so much for the suggestion:) Haha we both have excellent taste then!!

    ReplyDelete