Monday, May 2, 2011

Too blessed...

 It's an amazing feeling to be sitting somewhere and realize this is what I've always wanted my life to be like. For those of you who don't know Brett is my boyfriend, Molly os my amazing black lab mix and today I am mentioning Amanda, who is one of my best friends in the world. In second grade Amanda and I won the three legged race! Beat that... haha:)  Anyways Amanda, Molly, Brett and I went to get ice cream at Bruster's today. I had the grasshopper ice cream, which I would suggest to anyone who loves mint chocolate chip ice cream! While sitting on a bench, enjoying our ice cream we were forutnate enough to meet two young mothers with their children, two of who were named Berkley and Baylor! How adorable!!! Anyways we were all sitting there and talkin to the kids and moms and just carrying on and enjoying one another. It then crossed my mind that a year ago I never would of thought I could be sitting there today and happy at that. Boy have things changed. Don't get me wrong I miss many people in my old life every single day, but none enough to trade in what I am blessed with today!
 Did I mention I am happy. I still want to grow and achieve more in my time on Earth. I want to change lives and make people smile, but today I am happy and tomorrow I will continue to try and make a difference.
 It took me a long 26 years to realize this, but we aren't what we wear, or how much we weigh or the people we hangout with or dont. We are who we want to be. The person on the inside who chooses to make a difference and to be happy. I no longer have to chase happiness. I've arrived and I couldn't be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment